Image: Photos of SF State students and scenes from around campus
Frequently Asked Scholarship Questions
- I have won a scholarship from an outside organization/foundation. Who should the check be made payable to?
- Check should be made payable to: San Francisco State University
- Where should the scholarship check and letter be mailed to?
- Mail the check and letter to:
San Francisco State University
Bursar's Office, ADM 155
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
- I have received a scholarship check and it is made payable to me and SF State. Where do I bring the check and letter to?
- Bring the check and letter to:
SF State Bursar's Office, Student Services Building, One Stop Center
SF State Bursar's Office, ADM 155
You will submit any enclosures with the check and endorse the check over to SF State at the Bursar's office. Paperwork will be forwarded to the Financial Aid office to process the scholarship check disbursement. Allow 7-10 working days for processing.
- Do I have to report the scholarship I've won to the Financial Aid Office?
- Yes, all financial aid recipients who are awarded scholarships are required to report other resources to the financial aid office. Scholarship awards must be coordinated with your financial aid package.
- How do I report the scholarship I've won?
- You can report the scholarship online when you accept your financial aid award offer through the SF State Gateway or if you win the scholarship after you have accepted your financial aid offer, send a copy of your congratulatory letter from the scholarship organization/foundation to the SF State Financial Aid Office.
- How will my financial aid be adjusted?
- Please come in to meet with a financial aid counselor to go over how the scholarship award will be coordinated with your financial aid package.