Office of Student Financial Aid

Image: Photos of SF State students and scenes from around campus

International Student

International students with F-1 and J-1 Visas are eligible to work on-campus as Student Assistants(SA) only. They are limited to working 20 hours per week and must be enrolled full-time (Undergraduate 12 units, graduates 8 units).

Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Office of International Programs.International students must have a Social Security Number in order to be paid. The University assigned student number is NOT valid. International students are encouraged, but not required, to link their student number to their SSN. This can be accomplished at the Registrar's Office.

SF State Home