Office of Student Financial Aid

Image: Photos of SF State students and scenes from around campus

(E 61)Federal Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy

If you wish to receive further federal student loans, you must submit the following to our office:

  1. Your statement verifying when your bankruptcy was finalized and whether any current federal student loans are included in the bankruptcy
  2. Documentation from the holder of your debt stating that the debt is dischargeable

Submit both documents to:
Lori Johnson, Assistant Director, Office of Student Financial Aid
1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132-4011

SF State Home