Office of Student Financial Aid

Image: Photos of SF State students and scenes from around campus

Direct Loan Exit Counseling

Students who have received Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and Graduate PLUS loans while attending SF State University, and who are currently enrolled less than half time, have withdrawn from SF State University or have applied for graduation from SF State must complete Exit Loan Counseling regarding the repayment of these federal loans.

This requirement can be met by completing the Direct Loan Exit Counseling online at


Financial Awareness Counseling does not fulfill the counseling requirement.

On the website, browse the "Managing Repayment" section to receive tips for repaying your federal loans.

To view the Exit Counseling Guide

Contact information for the Federal Student Aid regarding any disputes related to Direct Loans - Student Loan Ombudsman
Please use the following information to contact:

Perkins Loan Exit Counseling

To repay Perkins Loan, students must contact:

University Loans & Collections Office

New Administration Building Room # 351
1600 Holloway Ave San Francisco, Ca 94132

Phone number: (415) 338-2421

SF State Home