AB 540 Financial Aid

Image: Photos of SF State students and scenes from around campus


Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

Students who are citizens, eligible non-citizens, or have a T visa or TPS status should use the FAFSA. For more clarity about the specific categories of eligible non-citizens who are eligible to file a FAFSA, review the FAFSA application or click here to see the Citizenship Status form and requirements to clear the Department of Homeland Security citizenship requirements.

CA DREAM Application (DREAM):

Students who are not citizens, nor eligible citizens AND meet the AB 540 criteria, OR are U Visa holders should use the CA Dream Application.

If you filled out the incorrect application, please contact Catherine catc@sfsu.edu or Rose rcarmona@sfsu.edu, SF State AB 540 Advisors for further information.

SF State Home