Information for Admitted Students
The Fellowships Office does not work with students until they are officially enrolled at San Francisco State. Once you have settled in to your first or second semester at the University, feel free to make an appointment with the Fellowship Advisor.
Incoming S.F. State graduate students should note that they may be eligible to apply for the following fellowships:
- Students pursuing an MFA may be eligible to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Arts Award
- Students in the sciences or social sciences may be eligible to apply for a National Science Foundation – Graduate Research Fellowship
- Admitted graduate students who are California residents, from educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds and with outstanding academic records, will be especially interested in the Graduate Equity Fellowship
The Fellowships Office also does not advise on scholarship searches. The following information is provided, however, to assist prospective students in their search for funding.
- Incoming graduate students should review the opportunities available on the Division of Graduate Studies' Scholarships and Fellowships page
- The Fellowships Office maintains a select list of scholarship opportunities for graduate students.
- S.F. State's Office of Financial Aid's Scholarships website lists scholarship opportunities by year in school . Its "Quick Search " list of scholarships identifies scholarships for which graduate students, and international students, are eligible to apply.
- Michigan State University Library maintains a database of Graduate Scholarships, Fellowships, and Loans . Many of these opportunities are specifically for Michigan area students, but quite a few are available to students attending universities anywhere in the U.S.
- Consult your local library for the following:
- Annual Register of Grant Support: A Directory of Funding Sources
- Directory of Financial Aids for Women
- Financial Aid for African Americans
- Financial Aid for Asian Americans
- Financial Aid for Hispanic Americans
- Financial Aid for Native Americans
- Financial Aid for the Disabled and Their Families
- Financial Aid for Veterans, Military Personnel, and Their Families
- Funding for United States Study: A Guide for International Students and Professionals
- Money for Graduate Students in the Arts & Humanities
- Money for Graduate Students in the Biological Sciences
- Money for Graduate Students in the Health Sciences
- Money for Graduate Students in the Physical & Earth Sciences
- Money for Graduate Students in the Social & Behavioral Sciences