Information for Admitted Students
The Fellowships Office does not work with students until they are officially enrolled at San Francisco State. Once you have settled in to your first or second semester at the University, feel free to make an appointment with the Fellowship Advisor.
Incoming S.F. State graduate students should note that they may be eligible to apply for the following fellowships:
- Students pursuing an MFA may be eligible to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Arts Award
- Students in the sciences or social sciences may be eligible to apply for a National Science Foundation – Graduate Research Fellowship
- Admitted graduate students who are California residents, from educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds and with outstanding academic records, will be especially interested in the Graduate Equity Fellowship
The Fellowships Office also does not advise on scholarship searches. The following information is provided, however, to assist prospective students in their search for funding.
Incoming students seeking scholarships may wish to refer to the following resources:
- The Fellowships Office maintains a select list of scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- The University's Office of Financial Aid's Scholarships website lists scholarship opportunities by year in school. Its "Quick Search" scholarship list identifies scholarships for which high school students, transfer students, freshmen, graduate students, and international students are eligible to apply.
- See also U.C. Berkeley's Scholarship Connection's list of resources for Admitted/Incoming Freshmen .
- Incoming graduate students should review the opportunities available on the Division of Graduate Studies' Scholarships and Fellowships page.
- Admitted graduate students who are California residents, from educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds and with outstanding academic records, will be especially interested in the Graduate Equity Fellowship.
- Michigan State University Library maintains a database of Undergraduate Scholarships and Loans and Graduate Scholarships, Fellowships, and Loans. Many of the opportunities are specifically for Michigan area students, but quite a few are available to students attending colleges or universities anywhere in the U.S.