TEST ACCOMMODATION PROCEDURES
Faculty Accommodation Verification Memos
- Make sure that your DPRC file indicates your eligibility for test accommodations.
- Complete & submit an Accommodation Memo request form at the DPRC front desk.
- Return & pick up the Memo at the DPRC front desk & share it with your instructors.
Note: It is best to meet with instructors during their office hours. Contact a DPRC specialist immediately if any difficulties occur in negotiating test accommodations.
- Changes to your test accommodations require prior approval by a DPRC specialist.
Request for DPRC Proctored Exams
- Schedule your exams and/or quizzes with accommodations by completing & returning a FAST Form to the Test Assistants in the DPRC.
- FAST Forms are available in the DPRC and online at www.sfsu.edu/~dprc .
- Students, not instructors, must bring the FAST Form to the DPRC.
- Use one FAST Form per course, listing all the exams for that course.
Note: Deadlines to submit a FAST form are listed on the FAST Form. Late submission may require rescheduling an exam or losing accommodations for that exam.
Time Allotted on Examinations
- Students are given the time indicated on the FAST Form for completing the exam.
- Unlimited time on tests is not a reasonable accommodation option and therefore not provided.
Note: A test proctor will stop the test at the designated end time. You may ask the test proctor to give you a 15 minute warning.
- Cell phones and other handheld devices must be left with the test proctor.
- Before starting an exam, the test proctor will inspect all test materials.
- View Student Conduct Code at www.sfsu.edu/~helpdesk/docs/rules/conduct.htm.
- Use of unauthorized materials during exam is reported in writing to the instructor.
NOTE: Follow the Student Conduct Code during an exam.
Please contact Ugi Valenti, Access Assistance Coordinator, at 415/338-7179, or the Test Assistants, at 415/405-3729 for cancellations, rescheduling of exams, scheduling pop quizzes, or for any other scheduling concerns.