Peer Counselor Positions Available at Sunset Mental Health Services
Two Peer Counselor Positions Available: Part Time 20 hours per week
Immediate Openings at Sunset Mental Health Services – Wellness & Recovery Program - Open Until Filled
Two Peer Counselor positions are available for immediate hire at Sunset Mental Health Services. Both Peer Counselors will be expected to facilitate groups and teach/ model recovery-oriented tools and skills. Peer Counselors will be trained to use motivational interviewing, active listening and other compassionate skills to provide a safe, welcoming environment for clients. In this way, Peer Counselors will facilitate the journey of wellness and recovery for each individual client. Sunset Mental Health Services is seeking creative & passionate people who want to get in on the ground floor of developing an exciting new Wellness & Recovery program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engage clients in group settings and one-on-one meetings.
- Work compassionately with each client to understand their individual aspirations, strengths and barriers to recovery.
- Partner with clients to develop individualized WRAP & provide appropriate level of support for each client in the implementation of their plan.
- Identify clients who are not achieving their treatment goals and support them to overcome barriers to recovery. Also provide outreach to isolative and/or under-engaged clients.
- Identify community based agencies to develop partnerships with.
- Lead groups out into the community to facilitate engagement or re-engagement into community life.
- Teach/model healthy self-care behaviors such as stress management and conflict resolution.
- Ability to handle both negative and positive feedback from clients and other staff in an open and professional manner.
- Participate actively as part of clinical Wellness team in the development, implementation and analysis of this consumer driven Wellness & Recovery program.
- Other responsibilities as the Wellness & Recovery program evolves.
Education, Life Experience & Other Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Spoken fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin or Russian required for one position.
- Prefer personal experience as a consumer (or family member) of mental health services in San Francisco for at least 2 years
- Prefer completion of a mental health certificate program or equivalent life experience.
- Prefer familiarity & knowledge of San Francisco community resources/services.
Interested parties please email your resume to email@example.com of fax to 415-753-8147
Study Abroad Through SF State
The Office of International Programs at SF State welcomes you to participate in Study Abroad. We want you to know that our office is dedicated to making Study Abroad accessible to all students at SF State. We offer study abroad programs in over 20 countries throughout the world, in every academic discipline at SF State! Study abroad for a year or semester while earning resident credit towards your major, minor or general education requirements.
If you have a desire to study abroad or want to learn more, your first step is to come to one of our informational meetings.
We have four informational meetings a week:
Every Monday at 10:00 a.m.
Every Tuesday at 11:00 a.m.
Every Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.
Every Thursday at 2:00 p.m.
All study abroad meetings are located in:
Office of International Programs
Village at Centennial Square, Building C
(Next to Patelco Credit Union)
To request disability accommodations for the informational meeting, please contact the Study Abroad office by telephone at (415) 338-1293 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request at least seven business days.
Look for city signage that indicates access changes to the MUNI railcar line between West Portal and Forest Hill Stations or consult the following visual map of MUNI changes.
The Social Cost of Textbooks Orders
The earlier that instructors submit textbook orders the better chances that students with disabilities can get their accessible formats in a timely manner. Orders may be placed online at the Faculty Order web site, e-mailed to the textbook department, or faxed to extension 405-0474.
For Pay Phone TTY locations, please visit our Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing Services page.
Visitors to campus can receive timely updates on campus construction, related temporary barriers and options for alternate access through SFSU's Access and Construction Alerts website.