Procurements below the formal competitive threshold
These Electronic and Information technology (E&IT) procurements require the Campus Requestor to perform market research with assistance, as needed, from the E&IT Technical Advisor and Disability Access Compliance Analyst (DACA). Once conforming E&IT products have been identified or an exemption has been approved the Campus Requestor will submit the Section 508 documentation along with a purchase requisition to the Buyer to complete the purchase in accordance with applicable procurement policies and procedures.
Based on the results of the market research conducted, proposals evaluated, or exemption action taken the Buyer will procure the E&IT product as follows:
- If the product meets the functional requirements and is 508 conformant (meet all the applicable standards)the Buyer may purchase any of the products evaluated in accordance with applicable procurement policies and procedures.
- If the product evaluated meets Section 508 requirements to varying degrees the Buyer may purchase the product in compliance with Appendix A and B, of the CSU Coded Memorandum AA-2010-13 . Appendix B addresses priority setting respective of how the product will impact the campus population and public at large. As exampled, the following factors should be considered when evaluating product priority/impact:
- How many people are expected to make use of the technology?
- Is it likely to be used again in the future, or repeatedly?
- Is it available publicly, or only to a pre-determined audience?
- Is it required to be used for academic or institutional purposes?
- Is it the sole means for achieving its purpose? If alternatives are available, are they accessible?
- Will it be used by a program or service with a primary audience of persons with disabilities?
- If product was previously purchased and is still conformant, the IT product was previously determined to be conformant and there is no reason to believe that the status has changed. The Buyer may purchase the product in accordance with applicable procurement policies and procedures.
- If the product has been approved for an exemption within one of the allowable categories the Buyer may purchase the product in accordance with applicable procurement policies and procedures.
When completed these procedures will assure the incorporation of Section 508 standards with all other applicable procurement laws and regulations to determine which IT product will be procured.