What is the Cooperative Education Program?
Cooperative Education gives SFSU students get an opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to real-world work situations. The student gets the best of all worlds--paid work experience with great employers, academic credit, and a taste of their chosen career.
Why you should co-op:
- Positive Internship Experiences! We team up with your employer to create work objectives that ensure you'll get the most from your experience!
- It's a chance for you to use your skills in the real world! Because of our set work/learning objectives, you'll be working on meaningful projects.
- Start networking with professionals! You'll be working with the professionals, so it's a great opportunity to make contacts!
- Possibility of permanent employment after internship ends! Yes, it's happened before…employers liked our students so much, they hired them on permanently.
- You'll gain an edge in an increasingly competitive job market! Upon graduation, you'll have VALUABLE WORK EXPERIENCE to go with your degree.
- Do multiple internships! After your internship ends, start a new one the next semester. Experience what it would be like to work at the companies that interest you most.
We provide students with the support they need to get the most out of their paid internship experience.