English | ÖÐÎÄ
|EVENT||REGULATIONS & INSTRUCTION|
|1||Chinese Calligraphy (Brush)||
|2||Chinese Calligraphy (Pen)||
|3||Painting / Drawing||
|5||Chinese Poetry Recital||
- Each participant may sign up for three events maximum.
- All participants must arrive at the venue and check in 30 minutes prior to the event. They pick up their name tags at the registration table and report to the judges in an assigned classroom before the competition.
- For issues of safety, elementary students (grades K-5) must be picked up from the room of the contest by a parent/guardian at the end of the competition.
- Late participants will be regarded as abdication.
- During the poetry recital, if the classroom can accommodate all students and their parents, parents are welcome to stay and observe. However, if the room is full, participating students have priority to the seats. Parents will not be allowed in the rooms of other events.
- "Non-native speakers" refers to students whose home language is not Mandarin/Cantonese and are attending a Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) language program, such as immersion, foreign language, after school, or weekend programs.
- "Native speakers" refers to students, whose home language is Mandarin/Cantonese and may or may not be attending a Chinese language program, including Chinese-English bilingual, after school, or weekend programs.
- Poetry recital participants may only present their name prior to beginning their recital. Participants may not add any self-introduction, school information, or introduction of the poem. Participants may not wear their school uniforms.
- Poetry recital participants may not bring any stage props to support his/her presentation.
- Please complete the application form and mail it to: Confucius Institute at San Francisco State University, Burk Hall 325, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132. You may fax the form to: (415)405-2866; or you may apply online at http://www.sfsu.edu/~ci/. Application must be received by the above indicated deadline of February 12, 2010. No late application will be accepted. Any questions, please call (415) 338-7631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants will receive confirmation by email or letter by 02/26/2010. If you do not hear by 02/26/2010, please contact CI at SFSU at (415) 338-7631.