Contest Location:Marina Middle School (3500 Fillmore St. San Francisco, CA 94123.)
Time:March 6th, 2010
Brush Calligraphy 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Pen Calligraphy 9:00 am -10:00 am
Painting/Drawing 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Chinese Composition 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
March 13th, 2010 Poetry Recital Contest
K-2 & 3-5 9:00 am--?
6-8 & 9-12 11:30 am---?
For Poetry Recital Competitors:
For K-2 & 3-5 students, your time of contest will start at 9:00 AM
For 6-8 & 9-12 students, your time of contest will start at 11:30 AM
- All of the Poetry Recital competitors must prepare 3 copies of self-selected poem (without any personal information on the paper) to the judges.
- All of the competitors must arrive at the venue and check in 30 minutes prior to the event. You pick up your name tags at the registration table and report to proctor in an assigned waiting room or classroom before the competition.
- Only one parent is allowed to come inside the room and watch their kids to perform
- Chairs are reserved for contesting students. Parents should sit or stand at the back of the classroom
- During the contest, teachers and parents can take pictures of their own kids only but cannot cue their kids in terms of movement or of any kind.
- During the contest, everyone should observe the rule that silence is critical while watching students perform.
- After the contest, parents should not request for the score of their kids. Results will be announced in the newspaper and Confucius Institute’s website www.sfsu.edu/~ci. Awardees will be notified individually.