Former students of the university must apply for readmission if: (1) they have been absent for two full semesters (excluding summer sessions) immediately preceding the semester for which application is made; or (2) they have attended another college in any interval of their absence. In order to be considered "in attendance" for any semester, the student must be enrolled in at least one class through the end of the twentieth day of instruction, and is, therefore, given the status of continuing student. (See Planned Educational Leave of Absence for more information.) If a student has attended any other educational institution since previous attendance as a matriculated student at this university, transcripts must be supplied for all academic work for which the student enrolled in the period since last attending.

Applications for readmission and all supporting materials must be filed in the Admissions Office in accordance with current requirements and procedures. Students on academic probation, who discontinued their official enrollment at the university for more than one semester, will be considered for readmission only upon presentation of evidence of having earned a C average in all university work attempted at San Francisco State University. Grade point deficiencies incurred at San Francisco State University may be removed only by course work taken through Open University or Winter Session at San Francisco State University. Undergraduate students with unusual circumstances may submit a petition for special consideration to the Admissions Office.

SFSU Home   Search   Need Help?  

1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132 (415) 338-1111

Last modified July 05, 2012 by