|Fall 2012 Important Dates:
|First Day of Instruction
||Monday, August 27, 2012
Labor Day (campus closed)
|Monday, September 3, 2012
|Daylight Saving Time ends:
||Sunday, November 4, 2012 (2am)
|Veterans Day (campus closed)
||Monday, November 12, 2012
November 19-24, 2012
|Memorial Day (campus closed):
||Monday May 28, 2012
|Last Day of Instruction:
||Monday, December 17, 2012
||December 18-22, 2012
We are now located in Lib 85, Ground floor.
- Please schedule trainings for the electronically enhanced classrooms at your earliest convenience. Trainings take up to 45 minutes depending on what equipment you will be using. Call Laurie Sosna at 338-1492 or email.
New Dell laptops (running Windows 7) using a minidisplayport connection instead of VGA. DO NOT USE an Apple adapter. Use a StarTech MDP2VGA available online. Apple adapters do not work consistently and will not see our projectors.
- Mac laptops: You must purchase a mini displayport to VGA adapter to connect to our consoles. We do not advise using third party adapters, they seem to fail more often than Apple adapters. You can buy the adapter at the bookstore.
- Summer 2012
- Equipment additions: 8 Dell laptops, 4 Mac laptops added to checkout inventory.
- Website redesign-new headers, homepage reorganized
- To consolidate and simplify purchasing processes, effective July 2012 the J. Paul Leonard Library will handle purchasing new media for the SFSU Media Collection. An online purchasing form is available at http://www.library.sfsu.edu/about/staff/media.php
For more information contact Library Collection Development Coordinator David Hellman at email@example.com, or x 50686
- Classroom installations: BH 223, 224, 225, HSS 101, 102, 104, 107, 380. Building grids updated, links to manuals added.
- BH 28-Room refurbishment: New chairs, flooring and console. Please read through the new manual.
- Tutorials page updated, new content added
- How to create protected PDFs (OS X & Windows)
- Summer 2011
- Equipment additions: Digital camcorders, USB powered computer speakers
- New projectors in: SCI 210, HUM 211, 281, 408, 471, BH 1, 28, 226, 251, 352, CA 106, EP 101, FA 193, TH 325, 327, 329, HSS 310, 317 (some projector controls will change) Manuals updated.
- Coursestream added to BH 28
- Fall/Winter 2010
- New Dell (runnning Windows 7) and Mac (running 10.6) laptops for classroom checkout.
- New projectors in HSS 213, 246, 248
- Console upgrades (new projector, amp, switcher) in HSS 259, 278, 287, 349
- Coursestream Equipment added to HUM 129 & TH 210
- Summer 2010:
- iPad users: Read through our iPad information page.
- Business building: All rooms (19 if anyone's counting)-New projectors, projector controls moved to top of console, vga cables replaced, computer audio cables added. Instruction manuals and tutorials updated.
- New consoles in HUM 288, Trailer A1 & H2.
- Coursestream equipment added to: BUS 108, 122, 215, HUM 129, HUM 133, TH 210
- HUM 133 also got a new projector, amplifier, new vcr/dvd player, new tv tuner, new wireless mic. Instruction manual updated
- New projector-HSS 219
- We are going paperless (almost) and no longer require a signature for each equipment checkout. Instead, faculty will sign a financial responsibility form at the beginning of each semester.
- Winter 2010-Consoles installed in: HUM 382, 383, 579, 580. LCD TV Carts installed in BH 331, 344 and HUM 501, 502. Reconfigured Console equipment in HSS 130, 135, 154 & SCI 210 (Moved coursetream appliance and monitor, added third camera.)
- Summer 2009-Got your skates on? Looky what we've been up to:
- We're goin' crazy with the classroom installations
- HUM 114, 118, 119, 122, 129, 132 got new consoles. Instruction manual has been simplified to one sheet ('Cause that's how I roll...) Tutorials:Done.
- HUM 108, 109, 113, 115, 131, 202, 286, 386, 474, 582 got new projectors (crazy bright) and new document cameras. Instruction manuals: updated. Tutorials: Done.
- HSS 130, 135, 154, SCI 101, 201, 210 got new wireless microphones. They look a little unusual, but you can't see what's under the hood: a five year rechargable battery, tiny size, and it will beep when it gets out of range with the base. That means if you walk out of the room with it, it'll beep. Please don't walk out of the room with it, ok? Tutorials & manuals: Done
- LCD TV Carts are being installed in the following classrooms: BH 175, EP 102, HSS 151, 152, 153, 155, 156, 201, 228, 275, 302, 304, 305, 366, HUM 212, 218, 279, 283, 285, 374, 381, 384, 472, 477, 583. The carts have a 37" LCD TV with cable TV reception, VCR/DVD and a VGA cable with audio for your laptop. This removes all CRT TV sets and electronically enhances all remaining SFSU classrooms. Instruction manual has been simplified to one sheet. Tutorials: Yup, Done.
- Our office is rolling out WebCheckout, a "comprehensive resource management and scheduling system." (Don't you love corporate speak?) With it we can:
- Track equipment and cablecast reservations, checkouts, long loans, overdues, equipment and classroom repairs from one centralized database.
- Send out email reminders when you have pending reservations and overdues.
- It should (and I stress should) have each currently teaching faculty already in the database. It updates nightly.
- We can register your T.A. more efficiently and they will expire at the end of the semester.
- We've been using it all summer, but there will be a few bumps when the flood gates open Fall semester.
- If I may paraphrase "The Philadelphia Story": With the new and shiny, always a little patience.
- Winter 2008-
- Whew! Moving takes a lot out of you, don't it? We're all in our places (for the time being anyway...)
- New consoles in Trailer A-1 (in front of the Gym) and Trailer R-1 and R-5 (behind Hensill Hall). Instruction manual and tutorials.
- November 10, 2008-We no longer provide remote control or autostart for cablecasts. You must call 15103 for all broadcasts.
Archived News can be found here.
or Classroom Services