TOEFL Preparation Courses
Friday TOEFL Preparation Courses
- Do you want to improve your TOEFL score?
- Do you want to learn about the Internet-Based TOEFL (iBT)?
- Do you want to learn skills and strategies for the Paper-Based TOEFL (PBT)?
- Do you want to another chance to take the Paper-Based TOEFL?
Come to ALIs Friday TOEFL class, open to students in all levels. (Level 42-48 & Gateway). Classes will be split according to level and type of TOEFL:
- Internet-Based TOEFL class (46, 48, & Gateway)
- Paper-Based TOEFL class (42-44) & (46, 48, & Gateway)
Please Note: The Paper-Based TOEFL test will be given to all students in both the iBT and PBT classes.
Summer 2013 Dates
Friday, June 14 - Friday, August 9
(No Class Friday, July 5)
9am - 12 noon
The class list will be posted on the ALI front door on Thursday, June 13.
The Paper Based TOEFL test will be given to all students in both the iBT and PBT classes.
How to sign up and pay:
1. Sign up for the class at the ALI office (HUM 101)
a) Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) for levels 42 and 44
b) Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) for levels 46, 47, and 48
c) Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) for levels 46, 47, and 48
2. Register for the class online and pay tuition at the Bursar’s office
(“How to register and pay” instructions will be given when you sign up for the class).
Deadline: Tuesday, June 11 at 4pm.
New students: Pay tuition from
June 4 - June 11, 2013.
Continuing students: Pay tuition from May 30 - June 11, 2013.
You will not able take the class if you do not pay tuition before the deadline.
You will need to buy one of the following textbooks:
- Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test Next Generation iBT, 2nd edition, by Deborah Phillips (Available at the SF State Bookstore)
- (Levels 42-44) Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFL Test, (Paper-Based TOEFL) with answer key, by Deborah Phillips (GREEN BOOK)
- (Levels 46-48) Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test, (Paper-Based TOEFL) with answer key, by Deborah Phillips (RED BOOK)
If you have any questions, come to the ALI office (HUM 101).
Phone: (415) 338-1438