Before January 24:
- Pay Tuition: You must have paid $3,110 for tuition online or at the bursar’s by this date or you will not receive your class schedule nor be allowed to attend classes. See How to Register & Pay - Gateway Students.
- Buy Health Insurance: (F-1 students only) You must buy health insurance by this date. See Insurance for instructions on how to enroll online. If you do not have insurance, you will not receive your class schedule nor be allowed to attend classes.
January 24, Thursday:
- Gateway Registration: 12:45pm in HUM 101
You will update your address and emergency contact information at this time; please bring your current address and emergency contact information to HUM 101.
If you left the country during break, bring all your immigration documents (I-20, F-1 visa, passport, and I-94 card).
- Gateway Class Begins: 1:10-3:00. Your Gateway class location will be given to you at this time.
January 28, Monday:
- SF State Classes Begin
February 8, Friday:
- ALI TOEFL exam will be given. The exact time and location of the TOEFL exam will be given to you in your GATEWAY class.
February 12, Tuesday:
- SF State Graduate & Undergraduate Application Meetings. The exact time and location of the meetings will be given to you in your GATEWAY class
February 13, Wednesday:
- Mini-Course Selection
February 18, Monday:
- ALI Mini-Courses Begin