Student Health Insurance
All students must have approved proof of medical (health) insurance before registration day. Student health insurance must cover entire semester of study.
Two Options for Health Insurance:
Option 1 – CSU-sponsored Insurance
The CSU-sponsored health insurance policy meets all of ALI’s requirements. The policy is Anthem PPO Prudent Buyer, through Wells Fargo of California Insurance Services. Students may buy this policy online at CSU Healthlink before arriving to the US.
How to Purchase:
- Click on the Enroll Online Now! button
- Select San Francisco State University from the list
- Scroll down to the 2012-2013 San Francisco State University - ALI policy
- Click on Enroll and select the semester; follow the instructions.
Option 2 – Other Health Insurance
If you choose not to purchase the CSU-sponsored insurance, you must have your insurance company complete the Health Insurance Affidavit (PDF) form. Your insurance company can fax or mail it to the ALI.
Health Insurance Links/Forms:
- CSU Healthlink: Enrollment & Brochure
- Health Insurance Claim Form (PDF)
- Health Insurance Affidavit (PDF)
This PDF form requires Adobe Reader.