Image: Photos of SF State students and scenes from around campus
Objectives of the AIDs Coordinating Committee Were
- To prmote educational programs for the campus community dealing with the following:
- Information regarding HIV disease
- Prevention strategies for education
- Emotional and interpersonal issues associated with AIDS
- To promote educational activities related to AIDS by campus organizations and departments.
- To encourage the integration of AIDS education into the curriculum of all schools on campus.
- To assure that the SFSU HIV/AIDS Policy is accessible to the campus community. (note; in the years following the implementation of the SFSU policy, the CSU, borrowing heavily from our policy, developed a systemwide policy that was abandoned in 2004 because state and federal non-discrimination laws had been passed. See Retirement of the CSU AIDS Policy and Guidelines).
- To serve as a centralized resource for individuals, departments, and organizations in the campus community on any topic related to HIV/AIDS.
- To provide counseling, information, and referals for individuals with questions, concerns, or fears about HIV/AIDS.