Workshop Sessions and Special Advising Events
Need Help Picking Classes for Fall 2014?
We will have drop-in hours throughout the semester during our posted business hours. [Wait times will reach beyond 1 HOUR when nearing priority registration periods.]
If you are a first-year freshman (or even a sophomore), we also suggest that you note our special "Freshmen Fridays" advising events or our Fall Planning workshops.
See below for the days and times.
Freshmen Friday Events
The following dates are on a drop-in basis:
- April 25th, from 10am-2pm @ Library 121
- May 2nd, from 10am-2pm @ Library 121
Please bring all advising documents for us to help you plan your schedule for the Fall Semester. You will need the following:
- Your DARs report (from your MySFSU);
- Your 2013-2014 Bulletin (if you have one);
- A Class Planner - we can provide you one upon arrival;
- A list (or transcript) of any previous college work you've done;
- A list of all AP/IB tests in which you've scored a "3" or better.
Need Help Determining a Major?
Choosing a major can be a daunting decision and there are many factors to be considered including: career interests, academic abilities, personal values, hobbies and other interests, desired work environment, and others. This workshop will engage you in the process of exploring some of these determinants and will be a stepping stone to choosing a meaningful and appropriate major.
Undeclared workshops are scheduled on:
- Tuesday, April 22 1:00 - 2:00
- Wednesday, April 23 11:00 - 12:00
All workshops will be held in the Advising Center, Old Admin 211
To select and sign up for a workshop date, go to the below link:
Sign up for the Undeclared Advising Workshop
Space is limited. Sign up today!