What do I do if I missed orientation?
If you are a freshman and you missed orientation, you will first need to see if you are eligible to attend SF State in Fall 2013. Follow the steps below to check on your eligibility.
Step 1: Check for Registration Holds
Select "Registration Time" and check for Administrative or Financial HOLDS. Holds will be indicated under the corresponding "holds" box.
Above is an example of how it looks on your MySFSU Registration Time page
These are holds that CANNOT be cleared:
Early Start Not Signed Up
Entry Level Mathematics Test Hold
English Placement Test Hold
No ELM/EPT or Exemptions
If you have any of these holds shown above you cannot attend SF State in Fall 2013!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what your options may be.
Step 2: Clear Your Hold(s) If Possible.
Holds that CAN Be Cleared
If your registration holds page notes any of the following, follow the directions in order to clear the hold.
- Directed Self-Placement - click here to complete. The English Composition Office is available for more information at 415-338-2128.
- Immunization – submit Immunization Form with shot records to the Registrar’s Office
- International Student Health Insurance – Show proof of insurance to the Student Health Services or purchase medical insurance from CSU Healthlink (Int'l students only!)
- International Student Data – log on to MySFSU and update data
- Need Transcript – submit official transcripts to Admissions at the One Stop Student Services Center (SSB 101) and/or call (415) 338-6486 for more information.
- Financial Obligation – check financial statement and then talk to the Bursar's Office at (415) 338-1281 or go to the One Stop Student Services Center (SSB 101)
If you have one of these holds you may be able to get it cleared see contacts/info. above.
Step 3: Once all holds have been cleared...
Please note it may take several days to get your hold(s) cleared. Once you see that your hold(s) have been cleared, click here for next steps.