New Student Orientation - Transfer FasTrack Option
What is the FasTrack option for Orientation?
Normally, our full-day Orientation sessions begin at 9am (check inbegins at 8:15am) and lasts until around 3:00. This is for students that want and/or need the full compliment of advising sevices to prepare them for class registration.
The new Fastrack option allows those who exactly meet our criteria of preparedness to attend an abrieveated orientation. This wil include advising and class registration, an optional tour and ID card.
You MUST have the following tasks completed for you particular Orientation session:
- Pre-pay your University tuition. We recommend you make
this payment at least one week prior to your Orientation date. For
payment amount and options, please see: http://www.sfsu.edu/~advising/fees.htm
Note: If you have a financial aid deferment, you will NOT need to pay university tuition before Orientation. Check your MYSFSU website, registration time, and look for the wording "fees deferred by Financial Aid."
no immunization holds.
To check status, see SF Gateway, New Student Requirements. The immunization checkbox is checked if completed. If not completed, send your records to Registrars prior to orientation.
- Bring Proof of completion of ALL GE Breath Requirements, Areas A - E.
There are two ways to demonstrate to us at check in that these requirements are completed;
- Look on MySFSU portal and click to view your DARS (Degree Audit Report) - if all areas of our Segment 1 and 2 show completed, then print your DARS and bring it to orientation to show us.
OR, you may bring a copy of your GE Breath Requirements sheet from your community college, showing all areas met - circled and/or highlighted courses or filled in by hand.
a list of equivalent prerequisite or lower division courses for your
major from assist.org. Show us how you know what major coursework you
have completed. *Business and Chemistry majors please see the important note below!
- Bring the page from assist.org which shows you have met the equivalent of ENG 214.
(Note: if you know you have not met 214, bring above, and be prepared to tell us how you understand you need this course at SF State.
- Go to the online Bulletin and print out your major requirements; please bring this with you to Orientation. Read over the requirements and highlight any classes you think you may have already completed at community college. Please take some time to become familiar with your major so that you will be prepared to register at your Fastrack Orientation - http://www.sfsu.edu/~bulletin/current/programs/pgmindx.htm
- Be ON TIME for check-in which begins at 8:15am on your reserved day. Space for the FasTrack Option may be limited and may be unavailable at the time of check-in so come early!
Regardless of which option you are part of, the regular transfer orientation or the Fastrack version, Transfer students who attend and complete the Orientation process will register for a partial schedule, up to 8 units, on the day of their Orientation session. This puts you ahead for Fall. See you at orientation!
Attention! Business and Chemistry Majors!
Please note, if you are a Business or Chemistry major any courses taken outside of SF State that are needed as prerequisites to SF State major classes need to be reflected on your DARS. If the courses do not show on your DARS, you will not be able to take classes in your major that require prerequisites. Business and Chemistry majors with blank DARS cannot be part of the Fastrack group and must instead participate in the full-day Orientation session.
Questions? Address them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Always include your ID on correspondence with us and be as detailed as possible.
Karen Kingsbury, Director of New Student Programs