The schedule below is valid for all weekday and weekend Freshmen dates. (Schedule may be modified for the Southern California dates)
Good Morning - Rise and Shine!
8:15-9:00 a.m. - Check in at the Cesar
Chavez Student Center (click for map)
When you check in we will tell you if:
- Tuition payments: Here's the site to check in advance. (Select "Financial Statement")
- Test scores: Here's the link to see if you have scores and exemptions on record. (Log in and select "Test Score Report").
- Immunizations: Log into your SF Gateway to see if all your immunization records have been submitted.
NOTE: If 1, 2, or 3 are not in place, you will not register for classes that day.
9:00 a.m. - Orientation begins promptly!
(Late arrivals will have to reschedule)
- "Schedule of the Day" and announcements
- Introductions to the SFSU Orientation Staff and Advisors
- Student Panel with tips for first-year success
10:00 a.m. - Students and Parents/Family members have separate sessions.
Students: Graduation Requirement workshop - What classes do I need to take? Take notes and finish planning what classes you need/want to add. (Remember this site is to help you with that process.) You will register for classes later in the afternoon.
Parents/Family members: This session will include many topic points that will interest those who wish to remain involved in their student's college success. This information will NOT be presented to the students. Therefore, participation and taking notes is key!
11:30 a.m. - Lunch and Student Services Faire
Students and their guests meet again for lunch provided. There will be many student services available to you to speak with:
- The Undergraduate Advising Center (with several counselors)
- Disability Programs & Resource Center (DPRC)
- Student Involvement & Career Center (SICC)
- Housing & Residential Services
- And many more!
You have about an hour to ask them any questions you may have!
12:30 p.m. - Small group meetings
Students will split up into teams based on their major. The new student peer advisors will help you with the following:
- Give you insider facts as you take a campus tour
- Teach you how to register for classes
- Get your SF State Student ID "ONE CARD"
- Teach you how to make a schedule for web registration
- Help you register for Fall 2013 classes using one of several computer labs
Parents/Family members will go to their second session designed to highlight our student services. (Family members are not allowed at any of the registration components!)
3:30 p.m. - Final Check Out
If all goes well, students should be finished with the above by this time and have the following in hand:
- A print out of their Fall 2013 classes (full-time of 12-16 units)
- A student photo ID card
A lot to accomplish! That is why we made this website. Things might go slowly if you don't review before your Orientation meeting.
How to Get to SF State
There are many ways to get to campus! Please spend some time before Orientation in planning your route and commute time so that you will not be late and have to reschedule!
Next, we will begin thinking about class load and how certain factors will come into play when planning your schedule.