Welcome to the San Francisco State University
Undergraduate Advising Center!
NOTE: GE changed as of Fall 2014
Students who began prior to Fall 2014 must use the modified GE list below:
The Advising Center is a university service staffed by professional counselors, interns, and peer advisors committed to providing guidance and information to help undergraduate students enjoy a successful college experience.
- Location: Administration building 211
- Current Student Advising: 415–338–2103
- ORIENTATION Inquiries: 415-338-3060
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Question Walk-In hours (for CURRENT SF State students only):
May 1st-15th - Extended Walk-in Hours
- 9am to 4pm Monday - Friday (subject to early cut-off time due to high traffic)
- 10am to 4pm Monday—Friday
May 18th-29th - Normal Walk-in Hours
For advising please contact the Graduate Studies department.
When making an appointment, please specify which type of appointment you would like to make:
- GE/Graduation review – General Education/Graduation requirements
- Undeclared – Choosing a major
- Special Major – Getting started, follow up, completion
- Probation – Probation, subject to disqualification, disqualification
- Re-admit – Returning to SF State
Prospective Undergraduate Students
If you have questions about applying for undergraduate admission, please contact: