Pending Probation Lock and Probation Lock (PLOCK)This page may contain links to forms that require a PDF reader. Adobe Reader may be downloaded at the Adobe website.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Students who have been on continuous probation for TWO consecutive semesters will be placed on Pending Probation Lock at the beginning of the THIRD semester. In order to continue after the semester, students must achieve a SFSU and OVERALL GPA of 2.0 or above by the end of their THIRD term.
- A Pending Probation Lock (PLOCK) email notice is sent to students at the beginning of their THIRD semester on academic probation.
- Students will have their THIRD semester to raise their SFSU and/or OVERALL GPA(s) to 2.0 or above.
- Students who fail to comply will not be allowed to register in regular semester courses after their THIRD term.
- Students on PLOCK status may return to SF State without reapplying to the University if they meet the PLOCK Checklist and Procedures based on the semester and year they were placed on PLOCK status.
What to Do
- During your THIRD semester you must raise your SFSU and/or OVERALL GPA(s) to 2.0 or above. Then, you will be automatically reinstated by the Registrar's Office after your final grades are posted. You do not have to petition for reinstatement.
- During your THIRD semester, if you do not raise your SFSU and/or OVERALL GPA(s) to 2.0 or above, a hold will be placed on your record. If you added classes during Early Priority registration for the following semester, you will be automatically dropped. For future enrollment, follow one of the procedures based on the semester and year you were placed on PLOCK status.
|You were PLOCK after Spring 2014||PLOCK Checklist and Procedures Eff. Fall 2014|
|You were PLOCK after Fall 2013||PLOCK Checklist and Procedures Eff. Spring 2014|
Note: The Registrar's Office will not accept Academic Standing Petitions for PLOCK students. You can only be reinstated by raising your SFSU and/or OVERALL GPA(s) to 2.0 or above.
Where to Go For Advising
Academic Advising is strongly suggested but not mandatory.
|Declared majors:||The department of your major|
|Undeclared majors:||Undergraduate Advising Center|
|Undeclared EOP:||EOP Office|
|Liberal Studies:||Liberal Studies Office|
If You are Planning to Seek Advising, Bring the Following Documents for Your Appointment
- Current SFSU unofficial transcript, work in progress and DARS report available at the SF State Gateway
- ASE (Advanced Standing Evaluation); only required if your DARS report indicates you have an ASE. Request at the Registrar's Office at One Stop in the Student Services Building, 1st floor.
- Attach your completed GPA calculators:
Grade point deficit calculator (2.0 GP) for undergraduate students and
Undergraduate GPA calculator for probation students