Stanley F. Paulson first came to SFSU in 1956 as an Associate Professor of Speech. Prior to this, he had been on the faculty of the University of Minnesota, in the Overseas Program of the University of Maryland (teaching in both Germany and England), and, under a Fulbright Educational Exchange Grant, had lectured on American language and literature at the University of Kanazawa in Japan.

Paulson served as acting president from fall 1965 to spring 1966, when he left San Francisco State to become Chair of the Speech Department at Pennsylvania State University.

Back to 1965    Successor

SFSU Home    Search    Comments and Questions

SFSU, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132
Archived Information. Last modified March 20, 2009, by University Communications