Dr. Gloria Hing Scholarship
The Dr. Gloria Hing scholarship is available to an incoming or continuing undergraduate SFSU student on a competitive basis in recognition of financial need, community involvement, and academic excellence. Please review the eligibility requirements. All are welcomed to apply.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student during Fall 2013 semester enrolled in 12 units at SF State.
- Have financial need as determined by the SF State Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA). Financial Aid application for 2013-2014 must be on file. Contact OSFA at 415-338-7000 for further information.
- Must be an U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a minimum overall 3.0 GPA.
- Must be able to submit letter(s) from a campus, community, or volunteer organization which describes service extended to the Asian American community.
Complete application packets that meet the above criteria
and are received by the deadline will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
Students selected to receive the scholarships will be notified in August.
Students not selected will be notified shortly thereafter.
Your application packet should include:
- Scholarship application - Click here for application!
- Narrative that clearly states and answers the following:
a. what/who has motivated you to attend college
b. what your career objective is upon completion of your undergraduate degree
c. why you should receive this scholarship
d. how you contributed to the Asian American community
- Letter(s) from a campus or community organization
that describes services extended to the Asian American community
(Note: Letter(s) need to be on the organization's letterhead.)
- Unofficial academic transcript(s)
Applications for the Fall 2013 semester must be postmarked
by Friday, July 12, 2013 or received by our office at 5pm in Room 106
of the Student Services Building that same day.