I Have Applied
Check Application Status
Once you've submitted your application to San Francisco State, you should expect to receive your San Francisco State University Identification Number within two weeks of submitting your application. The University will communicate with you via the email address provided on your application if they need additional documents to complete your application file. You can check your admission status online for details about your application.
Prospective students can check their financial aid application status, view and accept their financial aid award offer on the web through the SF State Gateway. Follow these instructions to access your financial aid status:
- Login to your Student Center on the SF State Gateway: gateway.sfsu.edu/
- In the center of the next page in the "Finances" section, choose on "View Financial Aid"
- Check your "To Do" List for any required documents.
- Choose "View Financial Aid" and click on the appropriate Aid Year to view your awards.
- Click the "Accept/Decline Awards" button
- Click on the award links for information about specific awards you have been offered
- Accept, Decline or Reduce new awards by entering exact amount desired for the full academic year, then click the "Submit" button.
At SF State on-campus housing is not required and not guaranteed. Applying for a space on campus is a separate process from the University admission. Housing spaces are accepted first-come, first served based on application dates and license agreement dates. Students are encouraged to apply for University housing as early as possible after they receive their SF State ID # via email from Undergraduate Admissions. For more information, call (415) 338-1067, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Virtual Tour