SFSU's Intranet Applications
- Create a web application that routes student telephone service
requests to telecommuncations.
- Create a Financial Aid web application that mimics FAVoRs
- Create an Enrollment Services web application that permits SFSU students
to submit address changes
- Create an Enrollment Services web application that permits SFSU applicants
to check their admission status
- Create an application that allows SFSU students (and others) to reserve
space at tests given by the campus Testing Office.
- Create an application that allows SFSU faculty to reserve Cablecasts
to be broadcast on the campus closed circuit broadcast system
- Create a set of applications that replace the hiring forms
in the employment process.
- The ability to submit a resume
securely via a forms interface.
- We are currently developing applications using:
Secure Commerce Server - with a Verisign
- Oracle's WRB
and Oracle 7/8
- Sun Sparc 20 & 1000 running Solaris
- Accessible using any WWW browser: To accomplish this we provide
HTML documents that maintain their readability when viewed in a variety
of browsers. To accomplish this we use ALT tags for all images and embed
preformatted text within tables.
- Secure and Authenticated when necessary: Any transaction that
uses an SFSU ID number and PAC will be encrypted and authenticated using
a digital ID and an SSL compliant server. Since some WWW browsers don't
support SSL, non-secure access is also provided.
- Easy to use: Applications are designed to include any necessary
instructions and support links are provided on all pages.
- Single Development Cycle for kiosk, web, & touch-tone applications
when possible and where practical.
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132 (415) 338-1111
Last modified February 11, 2008 by the Web Team