Following is a list of frequently asked questions:
- Who may participate in Commencement?
- How do I get more information on my graduation status?
- What do I wear to Commencement?
- How many guests may I invite to the ceremony?
- How can I stay connected to SF State after Commencement Day?
Everyone that applies for graduation may participate in commencement. Information for graduation may be obtained at the following website.
You may go to the following website to check the status of your graduation application: Commencement Database Search.
Regalia Rental at the SFSU Bookstore will take place May 13 to May 23, 2013.
- May 13, May 16 : 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- May 17 : 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- May 18 : 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- May 20 - May 23 : 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Bachelor rental Set: $60 includes cap, gown and tassel
Master rental set: $75 includes cap, gown, tassel and hood
Five tickets per graduate issued at the time of rental.
Graduates keep cap and tassel.
Gown and hood returned after ceremony by 5 p.m.
$5 late fee assessed per day if gown and hood are not returned before or on May 28, 2013. Absolute last day to rent cap and gown is May 23, 2013. Students may order by phone if they cannot be at the Bookstore in person by calling the bookstore’s business office at 415-338-2023 for a $7.95 service charge.
For full information on cap and gown rental, visit The SFSU Bookstore online
When you rent your regalia (cap and gown) at the Bookstore, you will be given five guest tickets. You need one ticket for every person requiring a seat (young children on laps do not need a ticket). If you do not need all of your tickets, leave extras with the Bookstore. If you need extra tickets, you may put your name on a first-come, first-served list when you are renting your regalia. Just before Commencement, the Bookstore may be able to hand out extra tickets to graduates on that list.
Join the Alumni Association now and enjoy:
- Library privileges here at SF State and all other CSU campuses
- Access to the Career Center and MonsterTRAK.com job website
- Subscription to Alumni e-News
- Free home delivery of SF State Magazine
- Discounted individual plans for health, dental, optical, home, renter, auto and life insurance from leading carriers
- Twenty-five percent discount coupon at the SFSU Bookstore, valid online or in the store
For more information on becoming a member, call 415-338-2217 or visit the Alumni Association website. New graduates (or current students) receive a lifetime membership for only $49 -- a savings of 45 percent.